View Single Post
      12-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #20
Hegemony
Fast Like Tiger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Sigh.

I think you have the impression that you've taught me something here. You haven't. All we've done is clarify that we both know the fastest way through the corner. Sure you've been doing it longer and I'm quite certain that your consistency in executing it is much better than mine, but that doesn't mean that I don't understand the concept.

If you're open to a little feedback, your posts are coming across as preachy as though you're talking to a complete track noob. It's annoying and at my skill level, were you my instructor and talking this way to me at an event I'd ask the event coordinator to assign someone else to me.

I hope your not the type of instructor who makes egregious assumptions about your students based solely upon their seat time. There are definitely things that I don't know, but the late braking/trail braking concept isn't one of them.

Sure, having your car configured less than perfectly is suboptimal if you can exceed one or more of the existing limitations, but knowing how to adjust to that problem and still improve your time is also one of the fundamentals to driving faster.

EDIT: thanks for the links. Always looking for new reading material. And if you're ever on the right coast and I'm at an event that weekend, you're welcome to ride. I'll always take input.