View Single Post
      12-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #28
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelsgarage View Post
Holly shit please teach me your ways of frugality, if I was like you but on my income I'd be able to afford a Bugatti Chiron! No but in all seriousness doe that's an amazing accomplishment and something not manny people would be able to do congrats!
It's a matter of priorities... for example on my mid to high 6 figure income I can barely afford an m5 because I already spend basically every penny I get because I enjoy fine dining and vacations... if his priorities are his cars and he saves up every penny he can, doesn't eat out, lives with parents/friends to save on a mortgage for example it's very doable.

As a horrible example of what not to do, is me:
I eat out every night, usually the bill ends up being over 1k per night.
I go on lavish vacations, just got back from a week in Atlanta where between shopping and food and hotel a bit over 80k was spent (no extra 0 there unfortunately).
For just me and my wife were currently renting a 5 bd 5.5 bath beach house which is 5500 a month plus all utilities and we plan to buy a multi million home next summer (for no other reason than the fact that it's a nice house)

If you don't do the above things, you'll be able to afford your hobbies much much easier... and honestly the dining is killing me and I'm trying to chill out with it but it's hard once you get used to spending like that.
Appreciate 0