Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 comp, 2021 x7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2014 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
This whole situation is really odd… first of all a 10% deposit period is almost unheard of, let alone a non-refundable one. I don't know how else to read that other than the dealer, for whatever reason, didn't view you as a serious customer (and I guess they were correct?). Do you have any kind of relationship/prior purchases with this dealership? I mean, do they require non-refundable 10% down for everybody? Hard to imagine they'd sell very many cars that way.

Then, you seem resigned that you'd just lose that deposit and pass on the car, but also mention it was hard to walk away from the dealer leaving the deposit after placing the order? No offense intended, but there's either a lot of missing info in this story or you are just really bad with money!
Hahaha...no I'm really really good with money..that's why I'm able to afford a car like this on a 45000 per year gross income. Just was entertaining the idea of going a different direction.
Holly shit please teach me your ways of frugality, if I was like you but on my income I'd be able to afford a Bugatti Chiron! No but in all seriousness doe that's an amazing accomplishment and something not manny people would be able to do congrats!