View Single Post
      12-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #1445
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Thanks! Learned pocket screws from YouTube! I thought the wood would be expensive, but it’s only super pricey for the fancy stuff I’m guessing you’re actually suppose to make furniture from. I used the cheapest 2x4s and 2x6s for the top. I believe it was like $4ish for each of the 9 2x4x8 and maybe $7ish for each of the 3 2x6x8. I’m probably over $60 if you add in the screws and stain and I had to buy the pocket screw gizmo.

All that being said I fucked up! Got TV in today and the feet are like a fucking INCH too deep and hang off the top! I also didn’t take into account the wheels added height so the TV is fairly high up now, not horrible but could be a few inches lower. Lastly I didn’t even think about my center channel speaker. In FL I have the TV mounted on the wall so the speaker just sat on the console and was below the tv. In this case 1 there was no room for it and 2 even if there was would block a good chunk of screen.

So I have begun work on version 2.0. I will use this one for the “concession” stand area and I’m making a deeper, shorter version and will have to come up with some kind of shelf or something in the front for the center channel.
Most of my projects go that way too. You're not alone!

I'm the master of selecting some arbitrary dimension for no reason other than it looked about right. Only to find later I'm an inch too tall, a 1/2 inch too wide, or I didn't leave room for XYZ. Literally every time. You'd think it's learn. Nope.
Appreciate 1