TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_Tyler_Freed View Post
I feel like nobody has talked about this (or at least I've tried searching for a forum and haven't found anything)

Does anyone know why BMW decided to not give the US laser headlights and instead gave us non adaptive LED ones?

All US spec M5 only have LEDs that do NOT move when you turn the wheel, only up and down. It does have the cornering light, but that's it.

Another issue I noticed is the assisted driving package with autopilot doesn't change lanes for you.
In my 2021 750i and 2019 M850i coupe, you tap the turn signal, and the car will change lanes for you while in autopilot, so long as you gently hold the wheel. The M5 however does not do this.

Lastly, the Bowers&Wilkins… so my 750i and M850i have it too, and change color with the ambient lighting.
My M5Competition LCI is Individual British Racing Green with the Tartufo interior and the Bowers&Wilkins. Now obviously I have the ambient lighting set to green. But, the stereo stays white, and there's no option to change the color of it in the M5.

If anyone knows these weird issues or quirks that'd be great.
This is my first post so I'm curious
I was to logging in to post these exact questions but for a new build. My dealer has a floor stock F90 LCI March 21 build in DG with black interior. And he is offering a sweet deal that is too hard to resist. But I need to buy before end of this year, which I am not keen on. Ideally, I want to spec my car with an individual or different standard colour and different interior options but he said you won't get touch screen capabilities, bowers and Wilkins and limited driving assistance due to the bloody chip issue.

Is this something any of you guys have heard / is it true?

P.S I am from AUS and we are fine with laser lights. My mate just ordered an M3 comp - March Production estimate and he is getting everything.
Appreciate 0