View Single Post
      09-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
schwma
My first bimmer...but definitely not my last!
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

I don't think this is your average water spots.

I'm sooo depressed. Visiting my mom down in San Diego, I parked in her driveway with the nose of my silver E90 up to the garage door. Half of my front end was underneath the roof overhang. Must have rained during the night, and next morning was very clear and hot. By the time I saw my car, it was 12:00 noon, and whatever either rained or dripped and splattered onto my hood from the roof had dried into a beige hazy substance. Without thinking about the heat, I poured a bucket of water onto the hood to rinse it off. It came clean but left what look like large and small water spots all over the hood of my car. I had my detailer take a look. They don't buff out. I tried white vinegar -- to no avail.
The spots are difficult to see unless you're in the right light, e.g., under a flourescent light. They don't look like they're just on top of the paint. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe some chemical that was on the rooftop??? I want them gone though. I've only had the car for three weeks. I don't know what to do. Should I have the hood painted?
What's odd is the fenders are unscathed. It's only the actual hood. One would think that if the entire hood had these spots, at least the tops of the fenders would also.
Any thoughts -- sympathy? Hug?
Appreciate 0