09-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #22
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
True, although I'm technically a hypocrite as I say that since I own a CLS although mine was only $5000 more than the equivalent E53 and arrived a month before any other similar spec'd cars but I got a designo interior with mine vs regular napa on the E, so I'd say it warranted the price difference. If the 8er was a $5k difference like the "X coupes" (which is a whole other rant I could go on) I could see it, but $25k, nope, I'd buy a Miata or a nice vacation with that.

I got 4-doors only for the dog since we didn't have an SUV then.
I mean hey, everyone values cash differently, depending on how much you have and how badly you want something. For me, personally, I can see blowing $5K because "I just like how it looks better." But the truth is, if I were crazy filthy rich, its possible that $25K for the less logical, but cooler choice could be worth it. I'm not trying to say anyone who drives a 4-door coupe is an idiot, i'm just saying from my perspective, the $25K price gap seems pretty excessive, since that premium is almost entirely about the way the car looks.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25086.00