Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post
Early M5 adopters be like...
Maybe only until you drive them back to back.

I thought who in their right mind would pick a base M3/M4 over one with the competition pack - M3/M4 w/ ZCP it's just a better car. Then I drove one back/back when dealerships had their M event. The M3/M4 with competition pack was overly stiff for daily driving and just did not make sense if you do not plan on attending one track day. Based on these initial M5 Competition reviews read, it's the same thing. I would pick a base M5 over the M5 Competition solely for a more compliant ride.

That's just the car alone. You haven't considered the financial part of it. For cash buyers, it might be maybe worth it to spend the extra for the competition pack but if you're leasing it (like most are), there's likely going to be a noticeable bump in monthly payment and for what? A stiffer ride to get from home to work?

From an enthusiast point of view, it's easy to say BMW screwed over him and her but in the real world, the enthusiast isn't buying these cars. Once the M5 competition is fully in show rooms for delivery, watch how many here on this forum are going to pick the base M5 if given the chance because of the factors I mentioned above.
Appreciate 5
F32Fleet3539.50
RobbyMack738.50
mvigod179.50
soooma1373.00