View Single Post
      01-06-2018, 07:33 AM   #21
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
For the second time in two days some jackass blew through a stop sign right in front of us. Yesterday it was very close. He almost broadsided Wifey's door. If she hadn't seen him coming and yelled for me to stop, we would have been right in front of him. As it was, we stopped in time so he missed us by a few feet. He never even glanced at me or seem to realize he just missed us. Some punk ass ~19y.o. kid in a red Hyundai.

Tonight as we were heading home and about to turn left off a main street into a side street, another jackass came out from the side street onto the main street without slowing a bit. Just blew through the stop sign like it wasn't there. Again, this was right in front of us, although not nearly as close as yesterday.

I'm not up on the latest stupid-teen-tricks (for instance, I never heard of Logan Paul until yesterday, but apparently he's some major star with teens). Is there some new fad going around where teens just run stop signs for fun? Or did I just happen to hit the Idiot lottery and have seen more than my fair share the past two days? Maybe there's a new hole in the bozone layer?
I understand how you could believe this is some sort of trend.

I'm my current neighborhood, people run a section of red lights on a daily basis. I witness it all the time on my way to work. Even so bad that on more than one occasion, I will come to stop at a red light and the person driving behind me will go into the oncoming lane of traffic on my left to pass me then run the light I just stopped at.

I still ride my motorcycle (weather permitting) so this infuriating to me to see people's total disregard for the safety of others.

Back in 2014 on Valentine's day (I remember because I had a hot date, lol) I was in a work car and got sideswipeded by a red light runner in my current neighborhood. The Chevy Cruze I was driving was totalled, 3 airbags deployed and fluids leaking everywhere. It was an older lady and her passenger that ran the light and they were taken to the hospital via ambulance.

When I'm in uniform, I tend to feel (or at least portray) that I'm invincible, so I just walked off the pounding headache and banged up knees while checking on the status of the injured red light runner.

That day, nothing was stopping me from meeting the chick I was supposed to hang out with, lol. I was just late though...

Be careful out there, all of you. Sounds like the dash cam is a good idea for many of us to protect the people and property we care about.