limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver17 View Post
Hello,

I just got my first M5 over the weekend. Years ago, all through middle school, high school and college M3's/M5's were my dream car. I had a few M3's. Then went through a phase of focusing on my career while driving a 2005 Toyota Corolla. It was a great feeling to finally step into one of my longtime dream cars!

Anyways, I had a couple of questions I haven't been able to find great answers to and didn't want to create lots of threads.

Is it possible to turn off the easy entry/exit? The seat bolsters go out, but when getting back in they never go back to the same position. I'm pretty lean and need them all the way in, and it takes a while to do that adjustment.

After an ECU tune, what's the next best mod, downpipes or intake? What kind of gains are expected? Seems like it may not be worth it. Everything I've found is tune and downpipes. I'm curious how much downpipes add to a tune.

Should the footwells have color led lighting? Mine are just white, but the display shows them being the set color and somewhere else I read that they are supposed to be.

Are there any good tires for the 20 inch wheels (drag radials or r compound) that will hook up well off the line with a tune? I saw someone broke into the 9 second 1/4 mile range with a tune, downpipes and drag radials.
Congrats!

Is it possible to turn off the easy entry/exit?
Is it Live Cockpit (2020) or a 2019? Linking your driver profile to your key fob (or selecting it manually) should restore the seating position once you've plugged the seat-belt in but, having said that, I occasionally need to repeatedly press and hold seat position 1 to restore everything. Doing so before you're in the car restores everything in a single push.

After an ECU tune, what's the next best mod, downpipes or intake?
JB4 only on 92 pump yielded 715 awhp and 740 Ft Ibs of aw-torque on a Mustang dyno.

Should the footwells have color led lighting?
The ambient color choices are typically grouped as one single color or a combo of that color + white. Perhaps you've got the white setting. I'll check a bit later but I think my footwells are blue albeit not quite as vivid as the bands of color around the dash.

Are there any good tires for the 20 inch wheels (drag radials or r compound) that will hook up well off the line with a tune?
With my current setup, I'm expecting this to be a 10.3 or better car on race gas. As it stands, though, I've upgraded to Michelin PS4s @295/30/20 rear and 285/30/20 front and I have no traction issues on even crap surfaces. I've not seen an F90 in the 9s yet, hmmm, at least I don't think--do you have a link?

Last edited by limeypride; 10-08-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
H33R9.00