Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaek9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljdavis View Post
Any new M5 owners apply a paint protection film to their vehicle, Xpel, 3M, or Suntek? I'm looking to have it installed but I keep hearing that there isn't a kit available yet to do the full front end (bumper, hood, and fenders). I even had my guy check the Euro system to see if there was a kit available for the European spec M5 and still nothing. Last resort is for them to cut it to measure. I wanted to see if you guys have encountered something similar before I went down that path.
So I know many people do get these protection on their cars but does anyone not get it?

I'm a type to take my car to a regular car wash and don't mind nicks and dings as time passes. I'm wondering if I'm the only one like that with the M5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaek9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljdavis View Post
Any new M5 owners apply a paint protection film to their vehicle, Xpel, 3M, or Suntek? I'm looking to have it installed but I keep hearing that there isn't a kit available yet to do the full front end (bumper, hood, and fenders). I even had my guy check the Euro system to see if there was a kit available for the European spec M5 and still nothing. Last resort is for them to cut it to measure. I wanted to see if you guys have encountered something similar before I went down that path.
So I know many people do get these protection on their cars but does anyone not get it?

I'm a type to take my car to a regular car wash and don't mind nicks and dings as time passes. I'm wondering if I'm the only one like that with the M5.
Have only done this (ppf) on the Porsche—- did not on the M3 or others will not likely for the new M5 unless I end up getting frozen paint which is definitely trickier and more difficult to rub out scratches. The M3 is 10 years old, Jerez black and does have a couple door dings which would need fixing no matter what but the paint looks great and I used regular car wash weekly for ten years. Spending 2-3000 on ppf seems to be a rip off. CQuartz for quick shine maybe.....
Appreciate 0