View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Mech View Post
That seems like the norm that there are really no gains with the intakes unless you do other mods. I plan on doing a other bolt ons and im just trying to get a plan in order.
I hear ya. Here's my plan, some of which I've already done. I am doing everything in stages so I can easily trouble shoot and also make the enjoyment of each mod last a bit longer.

First is midpipes. They are very simple to install, make great sound and bump power a bit.

Second is intercooler. Slightly more involved than the midpipes but still easy. Not much power difference but will help on HOT summer days down here.

Third is downpipes. A real pain to install but straight forward. I'll install the little burger O2 sensor override wire too. This will definitely give a nice power bump and make for exciting new sounds!

Last will be intake and software. I am holding off on both of these until everything else is done. These two with the other stuff already installed will add a HUGE bump in power.

Before the last two items go in I will be going to 285 or 295 rear tires to help deal with the 'problem' of all this extra power

Last edited by robertm; 03-05-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0