View Single Post
      09-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

But there is only one who has talked to me about a group buy....

I did try to contact Evolve via their website as it happens. The contact page threw a "error '80040e14' Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression" when I hit submit. The only price listed on the website is £1k for the 135i / 335i map, which is a lot more than the group buy figure from P-Torque.

We all know there are multiple choices here, several of which I'm sure are are a) fine and b) very similar in their results. I think we'd both agree that the type of remap that Evolve and P-Torque offer is likely to yeild better results than a plug-in box scenario (I think both have seen similar results when checking them out on the rolling road).

However, there are threads on the forum to discuss the various options, and this wasn't intended to be one of them - quite how you can claim that posting on a thread about a specific group buy about something else isn't a hijack, I'm not sure ;-) The purpose of this thread is to make people aware of a particular saving I'm negotiated. I'll be happy to participate in a discussion of the merits of various 135i remaps in a dedicated thread once I have some personal experience to post about. Reading your 123D remap thread it sounds like the Evolve 135i remap leaves the car with the same performance as a remaped 123D, which I think I'd find dissapointing...