06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Insurance Check + Car With Ruined Resale Value = GAME ON! (Opinions Needed)

Last Wednesday my car was severely damaged in a freak hail storm. (If you haven't seen the carnage yet, pictures are posted in this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705347 )

I assumed the car would be totaled but instead insurance is replacing pretty much every body panel, except for the bumpers and back quarter panels (bumpers had no damage, and rear panels need minor PDR work). I'm getting an initial check for around $9,000, but will probably end up with more along the lines of $12-13,000 to work with, according to my shop.

I was originally planning on keeping the exterior of the car relatively stock (minus a few minor things like wheels, grill and shadowline), but now that the resale value of my car has tanked due to the extensive repairs and hail damage, I figure I might as well go full retard and use some of the insurance money to have a bit of fun with the parts that are being replaced.

So, here's where I need some opinions. I am thinking about ordering a CF M3 hood and CSL trunk lid for starters. I considered just doing an LCI conversion instead, but that would require going out of pocket for lights and bumpers, which I'm not sure I'd like to do right now (between house and both cars I have some major deductibles to pay right now so I'd like to keep the car budget limited to what insurance is already replacing, and then maybe add some more things down the road).

Here is my car in his pre-damaged state:

More photos available in My Garage.

The whole car will need to be re-painted as well. I'm thinking about wrapping the car after this, since even the best aftermarket paint never looks as good as factory.

SO....I'm taking suggestions. What would you do? Help me spend my money

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0