View Single Post
      08-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #28
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixleasing View Post
Congrats! Might be the current fastest time!

With the DA where does that actually put you in the 1/4: 10.5-10.6?

Also how safe is it. You mentioned before you weren’t ready for jb4 due to development
Definitely will be faster at sea level on a 30.x baro and 70f day. More oxygen, more power per psi.

Safety is relative. Betas were going out in May. Too early for me. Then they found out that some M5”s (20 betas our), were setting a code so they added another wire to the ewg harness. And I waited. And no more comments. So I bought, installed and started doing short logs to analyze the data. Finally made an 1/8 mile hit. I’m keeping the target increase at 2psi as atmospheric conditions can effect it slightly. DME is happy. No pulled timing, no throttle closure, iat looks good, AFR looks good,etc. All on pump 93. It’s now locked down on a conservative increase like the RaceChip in my X5M (28,000 milesno issues). I’m not looking for a 6psi increase and +130mph 1/4 mile speeds. Just a nice, smooth increase. It’s probably a 40rwho and 40rwtq bump based on the dyno graph on the JB4 site. Launched correctly, it moves out.
Appreciate 0