10-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
After all these months of dodgy photos and alike, finally got to see a X5 MSport and X5 Luxury in person ... and a quick test drive in the M Sport.

Well, overall ... the X5 looks better than in photos, for sure. However you want to slice and dice it though, the back (at least of the M Sport from certain angles is still a disaster ... and just looks weird. Worse than the X3). I think most of it is the tail lights and the weird bit that sticks out. I really think they should have taken a more conservative approach to the design ... but it is what it is.

Its a shame because the rest of the car (at least in this dark color), looks really great.
I totally agree. I was so ready to make a deal at one of the dealer here when they informed me that got it in stock. So excited, drove in with my wife, looked at the X from the rear, and we were so disappointed, we left without even care to test drive or to check out the interior. For now, not sure what to get. Just sold my 08 X5 2 weeks ago. Hope i will change my mind in a couple years.
Appreciate 0