View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 03:54 PM   #98
Andrew Gamble
Petrolhead & Coffee Addict!
Rep
Drives: 2020 Alpine White F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
I really like how you wrapped the front splitters - first time I've seen iot and they look awesome!

I've been toing and froing with parts to add on and still not decided what I want, if anything.

To date I've swapped out the chrome for black, including kidney grills, side vents and rear badge.

I'm on backorder with Evolve for the rear reflector deletes, as they don't hold stock of the gloss black, which match everything else.

It's bloody forums which tempt you, but I am generally an OEM man, or more an 'original' fan, but the M performance options are so good, but that said, I am likely only to add the rear diffuser, if anything.

Is your rear diffuser wrapped or have you retained the carbon finish?

I also had the ceramic coating inside and out and it makes a huge difference on Singapore Grey. My last mineral white M3 Comp Pack had the same treatment, but it's much more apparent on this one.

I'm slightly traumatised after looking at the dismantled photo's, so just off for a lie down
Ha ha.. that’s a common reaction to set it stripped down! People often think I’m nuts for dismantling a brand new car, but it’s what we do and the only way to ensure an OEM paint like level of finish for a wrap.

I also ordered the gloss black finish deflector deletes but they weren’t in stock so I took the normal plastic finish and they look fine actually... they arguably show the honeycomb ‘vent’ effect better than the gloss ones due the less reflective nature compared to the high gloss finish.

I share your love of OEM, I’m not a fan of many cosmetic mods, an M5 was always a dream car due to its ‘Q car’ appeal, so I don’t see the point in making them stand out... but it’s all personal opinion & preference I guess!

I kept the carbon rear diffuser in the carbon finish, I think it looks great, it was just the front parts I didn’t like as they didn’t tie in with anything... like you I opted for gloss black grilles, side vents and rear badge.... and those with a keen eye will spot I wrapped the blue propellers on all bmw badges on the car, wheels and even the steering wheel in gloss black too!

Hope you’ve got over the trauma and the lie down did you good!

Gone : 2012 535d M Sport | 2013 F10 M5 | 2013 Bentley W12 GT Speed | 2014 Range Rover Vogue | 2014 F10 M5 30 Jahre | Ducati 848evo Dark Edition | 2019 F90 M5
Appreciate 1
Burnsey318.00