04-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
BestManWins
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 530i Msports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Best Man..........lets walk through some questions I have.

1) Why did the dealer upgrade your software? Did they give you a reason or just do it?
2) Did you have full office functionality before the upgrade. (Did everything absolutely work without any glitches before?)
3) What do you mean by the statement that the upgrade did not allow for the Office function? Does this mean that you no longer have "Office" in the main menu? or that the office feature does not work with your phone?
4) Did you go back and verify under "Options" on the i-drive when you see your paired phone.....that Office is "check marked"? Do you see "Offfice" in this options menu?
5) Are the Bluetooth functions properly check marked on your phone?

Sorry for what may be dumn questions above, just wnat to make sure I understand everything completly and that we somehow figure a way for you to get your Office back.

I read the threads on what you paid for your car. If anyone deserves this to work Flawlessly....it is you my friend.
Ghueser, thank you once again - you have been the most helpful and gracious pal, my apologies for not being clearer on my post. I shall "walk along" with you ....

1. I requested a s/w update primarily because of 2 reasons - hesitation and bluetooth Office functionablity. The former, attested by fellow forummers that a s/w update did solve that issue; and the latter, a hope that earlier s/w versions might not have that included.

2. No, the Office function wasn't present since I took delivery of the car (post Sept production). Read so much about it and changed my iPhone to a BB Torch just wanting to get that function to work. Otherwise, the iPod in the center console works flawlessly with the USB cable and album art, usb in glove box and all worked well.

3. I have explored all options on the BB Torch and the iDrive and the Office function just isn't there. Perhaps, this is country specific for either the BB or the car.

4. The s/w update did not change anything for the bluetooth - the the "Office " checkbox never appeared in the phone configuration options either.

5. All that needed to be checked, done. Went through it many times but still not getting it.

The local telco's BB technical team is working on an answer as to if there are any difference between BB OS6.0.0.337 (recommended on BMW website) vs my BB OS6.0.0.448. They sounded as if I am talking with a foreign tongue when I delve into the MAP options....

The local BMW dealer's senior tech wasn't able to verify if we should have the Office functionability here