View Single Post
      11-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
White Lightning
Internet Jester
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Anyone have the rim/tire replacement package and willing to help out a fellow 1er?

So here is the story:
I denied the wheel and tire replacement package that BMW was offering for $500-ish when I bought my 1 6 months ago mainly because I was going to get new rims and tires within the first year of buying the car. Well I just blasted a pothole coming home from a business trip this weekend on the West Side HWY in NYC and the car immediately felt like sh*t (vibration and thumping wheel similar to a flat tire). I checked for a bend in the rim and bubble in the tire but I haven't had any luck in my limited feeble attempts to find either. I only drive the car a few times a month, but will get under it to look for damage this weekend. I was wondering if anyone who bought the wheel replacement package would be willing to swap my bad wheel with one of theirs and receive a brand new one for themselves from BMW after going through the replacement process. I'd toss you a couple of $$ as well since you'd be without your 1 for a few days (driving a loaner though) and saving me some cash at the same time.

If anyone is willing to help please let me know as soon as possible and we can make a deal. Otherwise it is time to pony up and buy new wheels and tires since I am not going to replace the OEM wheels myself.

Thanks for reading if you did.

Steven

:thumbup:
Appreciate 0