View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #134
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I'm sure its impressive, but if I can get low 3's in the regular Carrera's its already impressive enough for me, but then again, I value handling and engagement over 0-60 times, and others may value those aspects differently. I would just rather take a Carrera S with a manual and lower weight (I believe the turbo adds ~200-300lbs) and still get a good 0-60 time of around ~3 seconds. I don't know if this makes sense, but the faster these cars get, the "easier" they feel to drive, almost a little too easy. Like I've driven some cars where they get 0-60 in the high 2's to low 3's and while its fun at first I find it gets boring after a while, but again, thats just because I don't value 0-60 as a high margin for my purchases.
So I would call myself a bit of an experienced owner of both the non Turbo cars and Turbo S units. I have had 4 non Turbo Carrera's and 5 Turbo S or Turbo cars. I currently have a tuned GTS 3.0 Turbo driven non Turbo 911. Yes its slightly lighter and has a better OEM sound but I dont find it any more involving than my Turbo S cars. I tend to really push my cars daily where I live- I have open toll roads and express ways (pre Covid) that allowed me to get to incredible speeds in turns, bends and straights. I dont really use the zero to 60 either but for me the 60-130 is far more meaningful and the Turbo S crushes here. And it has amazing handling with PDCC, RAS, SPASM, and OEM suspension that soaks up the road better than anything outside of magnetorheologicals- things that not all regular 991's have unless fully spec'd. I do enjoy my GTS but its a "baby" Turbo at best.

This comes from an owner of both cars over a long period. For a daily event I would take a Turbo S over a GT3 all day (had that too).

This is my experience from owning both sets and not just test driving or having a limited experience (not implying this about you- just stating)

Edit- I normally get new chassis model that is not a Turbo S cause its readily available then I migrate over.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0