View Single Post
      05-13-2017, 06:05 PM   #9
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Saw this in Evo as well along with a good Super Saloon Roundup in Autocar recently for the E63S.

I've got a current gen F10 M5 and had a C63S before it. I rejected that because I had build quality issues with it which they just could sorted after 8 visits to the dealer. The M5 was my second choice of those two cars however it's been lovely in fairness.

So couple of things from those mags and cars I've owned. The Autocar mentions that the E63S despite having air suspension is even more firmly dampted than the C63. That to me is a deal breaker. The C63S was fine in my eyes but heading towards border line for U.K. road comfort. The F10 M5 on the other hand is supremely comfortable also with good body control when you want it. The seats are also far more comfortable as well. So I don't think most people buy 5 series / E class sized cars for track days generally so this stuff is actually very important in my eyes.

The other thing I noticed on the Evo photos is despite the cover it's obvious that M5 had the front radar. I must say when doing long journeys I miss active cruise control but it looks like the next M5 will be able to have this.

I suspect in the U.K. with 4 wheel drive it'll far more usable / fast a lot of the time. If they don't screw with the comfort and get good handling plus offer missing things like active cruise as I think it's going to have it's just going to be an amazing car. It'll top it's class without question as I think Merc have ruined their own amazing car with terrible ride quality.
Appreciate 0