View Single Post
      03-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny212 View Post
I highly doubt that. I have them for my E90M3 and will be installing them in a week or two. There are others on here who have had their springs on for a year or close to 10k miles. That's just dumb on **********s part. They have no evidence of that and they're potentially losing a sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by busman76 View Post
I should have probably guessed so since the guy was also quoting me $100 more than published on their website.
Talked to salesmen who you talked to and conversation sounds accurate. He said 12-15 months (this obviously depends on how agressive the driver is). But that is an accurate assessment for the springs which, are more agressive then the OEM shocks which are not valved for the more agressive lowered setup - this will tend to shorten the life of the shocks. Your OEM shocks generally are rated for 65-70k miles (normal street driving every day) - with different springs your shock life gets reduced quite a few.

No way to say, how long exactly a shock life will last but this is a good estimate from the thousands of customers whom have reported back.

So not dumb, but honest and a true assessment. If that meant losing a sale for being honest and keeping you the customer informed then so be it.

As to the price quoted it was exactly as is on the site here: http://www.**********s.com/product.a...Springs_E90_PR

Not really sure what the confusion is. We are here to help you and inform you with your decisions.
Appreciate 0