View Single Post
      12-27-2021, 02:30 AM   #1
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

Porterfield R4S review

I figured I would let any prospective buyers know a thing or two about these pads since I just made the switch. Since I've only driven about 100 miles or so on them I can't get too in depth, but I will say that so far my expectations have been exceeded. I purchased these pads really for one reason and one reason only and that is to cut down on dust. With the stock "M" pads I could drive a few miles up the road after cleaning my rims and they would literally be coated in orange dust. It was to the point where I didn't even bother. These pads cut that down dramatically, to what I would consider a normal amount. I mean I can actually keep my rims clean for at least a few days now. With these massive rotors and calipers there is and always will be a dust factor, but its now manageable, and the stopping performance is surprisingly comparable. They aren't quite as "grabby" as the stockers but I don't mind that anyways. I like a more smooth feel to the brakes. They aren't cheap but nor is anything for these cars! I will continue to monitor their performance as they bed in a little more but so far I'm content and would recommend them to anyone looking to correct the dusting issue without hampering performance much at all. Thanks to all who recommended these to me.
Appreciate 1
Egrunt553.00