Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Gnaluzu, based on the CS you have, what do you expect to be the difference between the M5 Competition and the M5 CS? Should we expect a stripped down interior, a much stiffer suspension, what else. I think reports have indicated more horsepower, something lie 640. Why not just go over the top and make it 800 hp? I don't think the cost of this engine going from 617 to 800 would be significant. I believe there are tunners doing it, and I don't think the cost is too significant.
Geeesh, that is one heck of a loaded question.

I wish I had any idea of what they are gonna do. Honestly, I hadn't done much research when I got my M3CS. I just wanted out of my X5 lease and the CS had been sitting on the lot for about 5 months. Was too good of a deal to pass up.

For the M5CS I am really hoping that they some how figure out a way to improve engine/oil cooling. I did the Advanced M School at Thermal last November and couldn't do more than 2 laps on the big track without the M5 going into limp mode. Was really disappointing.

I would guess that the M5CS would have a marginal power increase (M3CS was only 10hp more than the M3 Comp).

Some weight reduction and slight aero would be cool, but again, it's just to hard to guess.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0