11-14-2023, 10:08 PM   #54
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
THe price thing really comes down to comparables right. And there is no direct comparison if we're talking Cayman.

On the sportscar front, the Miata is the serious contender but it is seriously under powered vs a Cayman. So go the other way, let's say a Z4, is it that much cheaper than a Cayman? It's certainly heavier.

Supra? Faster in a straight line but heavier no? Maybe that is the true legit contender? Quick comparison has the 3T Supra some 400 lbs heavier but 30 more HP and 60 more torques than the Cayman. Price gap is about $20K USD. Supra seems a logical option if you can live with the extra 400 lbs.
You are comparing it to a bunch of cars though... that's why I'll argue $$ does matter even when buying a Porsche. I could have afforded a 718 boxster no problem, but for me the value for more than double the cost of the miata was not there. I personally prefer the NA engine in the miata even if it is slower. Now that probably wouldn't have been the case with the 4.0 but now we are talking 4x a Miata.

On the other hand I would have never even considered a Ferrari or McLaren etc.
Appreciate 0