Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianF90M5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M135iXdriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianF90M5 View Post
If you plan to drive you M5 in the winter and you live where it goes down (sometimes) to -30c driving on packed snow / ice, the non comp is your only option. Couldn't be happier with my non comp, a true DD.
Why is that? Ground clearance? Or the Comp isn't supposed to be driven in temps below -30C?
Also waiting for the answer to your question... hard to imagine that the ride height makes such a difference.
My decision to go with the non comp was not because it was 23mm (0.9 inches) lower then the standard car (although its one of the reasons I wouldn't lower my car unless it was easy / fast to adjust it back to standard height - I call lowered cars in the winter in Canada snow plows), it's because of the ride comfort in the winter. Comfort setting in the standard car (I believe) is more smooth on bumpy snow / ice covered roads then the comfort setting on the comp car.

With regards to driving the car when it's very cold outside (-20c or more) all cars seem to ride even more stiff (like driving with cement wheels / suspension) so the more comfortable it is before it gets cold reduces the impact of the cold on the suspension (IMO) especially when having to drive over packed snow and ice.
Sorry but please get your numbers right. The competition is 7 mm (0.276 inch) lower compared to the standard M5. So no reason to call one a snow plow and the other not... both are in the conditions you talk about.

The other things are personal preferences.
2010 - Mazda 3 MPS BL 2.3 (256 bhp) (sold)
Appreciate 1
bear04059.00