09-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
Nola 32/65
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I drive mine in the UK all year round - the grip starts to fall off noticibly from 40F downwards and you do have to be extra careful below 32F but they are drivable down to 20F as long as you are easy on the throttle and brakes.
I trade driving slow (still usually at city speed limits) on cold mornings to be able to drive faster (than possible on winter tyres) in the warmer afternoons.
No good in snow though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I agree with Post #2. Grip falls off around freezing, but is in no way dangerous. You'll figure it out. Test in a straight line rather than on an on/off ramp.

PSS2 are useless in snow. I drive mine in New Hampshire until it starts snowing and then I put the snow wheels on, usually in December. We often have freezing or even colder temps before the snow starts. It was 36F last night and it is only mid-September.
Thank you both for your replies! Sounds like the tires will be just fine for the short time it gets cold down here.