View Single Post
      11-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

I bought the xi, well, because it was a steller value, and I didn't think the handling would turn out to lack this much. My car had 3k miles and was 4 months old when I got it, and it was almost fully loaded. My sticker price was 53k and I got the car for under 42. I have access to an 07 m roadster and an 06 m5 if I ever need to thrash on a rwd car. I just want this to handle better at high speed. The only reason I compare the two (xi and m5) is because I feel the sheer mass of the m5 should make it feel more sluggish (totally not the case...the car feels very light on its feet). To everyone questioning my sanity about my m5 reference, I totally understand expecting the car to handle like a 100k m car is unreasonable. I just hope to find the best of both worlds with this car (good handling awd) especially seeing audi can sure as hell do it. I am getting the v3's installed on monday, and will post back with my observations on the stock 17" wheels/conti rft's. I know these tires will DEFINITELY hinder the handling ability of my car, but buying ps2's and rims is not the best thing to do when snow is coming. I will be putting non rft's on in the spring.

In short, I love awd. The power is huge off the line, and it's awesome in the poor weather. I just want the car to feel a little better that's all. I'll post back when I get my suspension done. My installer said I would love them and if I didn't that they would work with me until I did.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0