11-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Making this car handle

Hey guys,

I've had my 335xi on and off (due to a shitty body shop) for about 6 months now, and I, as with seemingly all xi owners, am getting pretty sick of the sloppy high speed performance. Now I drive this car very hard, and am very jealous of my father's e60 m5 handling and ability to have tremendous grip and agility with decent ride quality. I feel like the m5 is much easier to throw around on the road, despite its bigger size and weight.

Now,

I have an appointment to get kw v3's put on next week. Will this solve most of my handling problems? I have the 17" non-staggered wheels, but these conti tires seem to grip fairly well, and I do not see a point in getting summer tires and wheels when winter is so close. It seems like the suspension is the real issue. Has anybody dropped this car with the stock 17" wheels? I know it seems a little ridiculous but at this point, I think it's a great option that will make the period of time until I can get the new wheels and tires towards the spring.

Any opinions?

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0