04-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #11
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
350 mile update. Fixed the drink holder problem. Bought two of these and they really work well with 17-20 oz bottles of water. Mandatory mod. The TTS rides very well in comfort mode. Very slightly stiffer than my F90 in comfort mode. Probably equal to a F90 Comp. Easily a long haul cruiser.

F90 interior is equal to the TTS. I am a leather snob. Merino leather is equal to Porsche leather. Fit and finish is equal also. The BMW Vernasca leather in my wife's X5 is not comparable. My X5M Merino was very good.

One minor issue is a dash squeak in the TTS. Inexcusable. I'm OCD with rattles, etc. My X5M was perfect for 32,000 miles. Wife's X5 is perfect. F90 had a minor console rattle that I fixed with some weather strip. Still working on the TTS.

PDK trans is awesome. But the F90 trans is pretty good too. No major wins here.

Ceramic brakes are killer. F90 still brakes are killer. A wash except for no dust on the ceramics.

TTS has a boost gage. Major win.

From a price point perspective, the ride, drive, feel, look, ambiance, quality feel, etc. should be in the same price tier, but are not.....F90 is quite a BARGAIN. OVERACHIEVER.

150 more miles and LC will be activated and Dragy results. 5600rpm launches will be fun. Back to back wot break in 130mph runs in the TTS does show a bit of boost cut on the second run around 110mph as the air to air intercoolers heat up. F90 air to water has an advantage here. But I have a fix.

Thanks to Vic55 for talking me into the TTS. 720S I was looking at would just have been like a faster ZO6 that I owned for 6 months.
Great info. An enjoyable read. I like your punchy writing style, too.

If you want a retrofit boost guage, the JB4 can help but, of course, that's no replacement for an analog dial in your guage cluster. That said, why is that particular stat so important?
Appreciate 2
onfireX53618.50
soooma1377.50