02-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #18
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
Would be interested in what EQ settings you have. As there is clearly disagreement on this forum about EQ settings and how to make the system sound like it should.
It's good to try different EQ settings that some members here post, but at the end of the day, EQ settings are "season to taste", and the best way to go about it is to learn what each of the settings represent and then adjust them to get the sound that you want out of it. For instance, kick drum and snare will live in the "lower" ranges--the 200Hz (or, "bass" side of the scale) to 1000Hz range, while vocals are in the mid to highs (more towards the "treble" side). Personally, I strive to achieve "clarity", with a meaty (though not overdone) bassline, in my mix. This winds up looking something like a "U" shape (assuming a horizontal scale, where far left is low frequencies and far right is higher frequencies, and top is "plus" gain, and bottom is "less" gain). Also, keep in mind that the middle of the scale is where you run into "muddiness" in the sound, so you may want to pull several of these sliders "down". Sorry I don't have any exact pics to give you, but just some "general" EQ settings advice. You may already know all this. Good luck!
Appreciate 0