View Single Post
      12-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #22
BMWKLR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white m235 cp RED w/gray pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
I think that the only way this could work is if you sell me your wheels first. Otherwise I will have nothing to mount on my car when I meet the buyer to do the exchange. Also I think it makes the most sense to just do an exchange of the wheels without tires. This will allow you to take out your TPMS and will reduce the weight and thus the cost of shipping. This way we are not on a rushed time schedule and once your wheels get to me I can mount them and meet the other buyer. The one foreseeable problem is reaching an agreeable value for the wheels. Essentially both sets should be worth pretty much the exact same amount of money (same size, color, weight?, quality, etc.). I was looking to get about 800 for the wheels alone, so if the three of us can come to an agreement as to price this should work out fine.
I will not be able to get to the car as I am away for the holidays until about January 5th, so we have some time to work this out. Let me know what you think.
I think your on the money for 800 and i want the tires to so I dont mind even paying more. There wont be any shipping between us, and I know tire rack ships tires just by taping them together, so I would imagine if You protect the rim, the added weight wouldn't add to much to the shipment cost. Greyhound also has a service I use when I sell a large 48" plus rc boat where you load it in the greyhound bus at your local terminal and the other party picks it up at their local greyhound station. Think of it as check on luggage in an airplane with no passenger in the plane. It cost me $60 last time I used it and I shipped a box that was from one of those mid size refrigerators. Im in no rush, so if not today, tomorrow, but know im interested.
Appreciate 0