View Single Post
      12-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #21
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
I think that the only way this could work is if you sell me your wheels first. Otherwise I will have nothing to mount on my car when I meet the buyer to do the exchange. Also I think it makes the most sense to just do an exchange of the wheels without tires. This will allow you to take out your TPMS and will reduce the weight and thus the cost of shipping. This way we are not on a rushed time schedule and once your wheels get to me I can mount them and meet the other buyer. The one foreseeable problem is reaching an agreeable value for the wheels. Essentially both sets should be worth pretty much the exact same amount of money (same size, color, weight?, quality, etc.). I was looking to get about 800 for the wheels alone, so if the three of us can come to an agreement as to price this should work out fine.
I will not be able to get to the car as I am away for the holidays until about January 5th, so we have some time to work this out. Let me know what you think.
Unfortunately, this undermines my reason for the whole transaction.
My goal was to replace the entire set of wheels and tires with 17" and doing it in pieces is not reliable enough to plan for spring. I think you may have undervalued the wheels. These are about $400-$500 new. In my case with only 1,600 miles on them, over 50% depreciation seems too steep for essentially new wheels used for two months. Also, who winds up with the final set of wheels without TPMS if I keep mine? This may not work out as hoped, but I appreciate your interest.
Appreciate 0