ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Nice!

One question: You also FDL coded C_HBA_GRHB_ENA and C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA to aktiv. Did you notice any difference when you did this verses just the VO coding values? I have not changed these and the Glare Free High Beams (GFHB) seem to work fine, so I'm wondering why you changed these too.
The first night i tested it, if was right after removing 5AP and 8S4. Because i was driving on a local road with speed limits between 15 MPH - 30 MPH, and i didn't exceed 40 MPH, the HBA would only turn both high beams on/off. So i thought it was not working.

I then coded C_HBA_GRHB_ENA and C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA. The second night, i didn't code them correctly so i went for a test drive on the same route. The HBA was still doing on/off and nothing else.

The third night, i coded them correctly by changing werte to 01. I went on a drive on the same route and was utterly disappointed when the HBA would only turn the both high beams on/off. It was when i decided to take a different route home, via I-5, that i discovered there may be a speed limitation on the HBA. Another user responded to me that the HBA would only engage above 40 MPH. I think what he meant was the HBA would resort to the "dumb" on/off operation below 40 MPH. Above 40 MPH, it would then become a "smart" HBA.

It is possible the two things i coded are unnecessary. I will undo them and see what happens.

Are you experiencing the same thing as i do when driving in the city at less than 40 MPH, that the HBA would only turn both high beams on/off? In the official BMW video on glare-free HBA, it was a LED-based headlights and so perhaps they work a little differently than the Xenon-based headlights.
Appreciate 1