Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
Ha! If only it was that easy.

The cafd files are so filled with gigantic arcane sets of options that you wouldn't believe it; mostly all german acronyms or a combination of acronyms and internal bmw lingo. Even google translate isn't much help. When you can translate something you still don't know what exactly it actually applies to, or even if you even have the relevant hardware in your car (these are settings for ALL F-series ECUs ever made). Sometimes the comments give you a hint at specific models but never about specific hardware in a way that a non-bmw engineer can understand. And to top it off there are very few "single" settings, everything tends to be a conglomeration of various options that have to be set "just so".

Basically, long story short, you can find lots of options set to 'us', 'ece' and the like but there's a 95% chance if you change it ... nothing at all happens.

If you can get bmw, or someone, to tell you the "kword" for the option (if such exists in this case) then it would be a piece of cake.
A dump from the VIN decoder for my car shows:

S5APA DEKODIERUNG BLENDFREI. FERNL. ASSIS Decoding anti-gl. high beam assistant

Do any of the non-US cars have this option code?

My thought is that this option code disables (de-codes) the "normal" anti-dazzle feature.

Has anyone tried removing 5AP code from their VO and FDL coding the car?
Appreciate 0