09-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3/15 DA-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
That's why I am asking can it be coded.

I would *assume* it would be something as simple as World=0 or USA=1 to make the option work like the rest of the world or limited such as in the USA, but then again, I have no idea - but it would seem logical.
Ha! If only it was that easy.

The cafd files are so filled with gigantic arcane sets of options that you wouldn't believe it; mostly all german acronyms or a combination of acronyms and internal bmw lingo. Even google translate isn't much help. When you can translate something you still don't know what exactly it actually applies to, or even if you even have the relevant hardware in your car (these are settings for ALL F-series ECUs ever made). Sometimes the comments give you a hint at specific models but never about specific hardware in a way that a non-bmw engineer can understand. And to top it off there are very few "single" settings, everything tends to be a conglomeration of various options that have to be set "just so".

Basically, long story short, you can find lots of options set to 'us', 'ece' and the like but there's a 95% chance if you change it ... nothing at all happens.

If you can get bmw, or someone, to tell you the "kword" for the option (if such exists in this case) then it would be a piece of cake.
Appreciate 0