View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 08:58 AM   #29
somer
Major
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Hmmm, how many miles did you do on the test drive? How many miles were on the car?

Combined, I have ~90,000 miles across F10 and F06 DCTs and ~6,000 in the F90. Some of what you say resonates with me but your conclusion doesn't. Like you, I drive in manual mode ~90% of the time but I'm not *unhappy* with the new tranny. That said, you'll note my deliberate double-negative wording--the DCT is still my preference... but I remain very happy with the car because, to me, the transmission is most certainly good enough when viewed as a part of this fantastic machine as a whole.
Only about 25 miles or so. I do agree the transmission is *good enough* but it's sad we're even saying that is what I'm trying to get at. Pay 120k for a car and I feel like it's a downgrade in that department. Don't get me wrong like I said to a friend at the dealership, I feel the car is an upgrade in every other department... steering feel, handling, technology, looks, etc. But to me the transmission is such an integral part of the car it just is a bit off-putting.

What ya gonna do though....
Appreciate 1
kyrix1st2361.50