Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Chalk White F90 fashion statement, Miami edition [meetup w/ Fashion Grey M5]

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
One of my favorite territories that comes with owning, modding, and detailing your own car - are the relationships you build with people you probably wouldn’t have ever chosen out of a line up to be your friend, much less someone you share such a passion, like modding M5’s with.

Enthusiasts, introducing ourselves to one another not by our God given names we’ve penned over and over again throughout our lives, but instead by a username and a photo of our car. And somehow, from this common interest, online meeting place, we stem friendships, business relationships, and for some of us, probably even a restraining order or having your name blacklisted.

When I placed my order for my Individual build F90, I asked a few dozen questions, peppered all throughout the various pages and sections of this forum. There was one member though, , Jose, aka, josec70 who was always super helpful in answering a lot of my questions, and who was kind enough to even speak over the phone. I specifically remember a night in December of 2020, when Jose and I were on the phone for about an hour as I paced back and forth asking questions about his build and mods, and his opinions, trying to piece together my own plan on how to begin my F90 project.

Little did we both know, we would spend the better part of the next 2 years exchanging pictures and information on the mod process of my Fashion Grey F90, and Jose would give me updates on his Chalk F90 and when it was slotted for production. We both always joked about how we should get the two cars together for a “Grey Cousins” photoshoot when we both felt ready to show off.

I almost forgot about Jose there for a good while - as he fell victim to the “RAM Recall issue” which delayed his delivery by 3 months, after his initial production time was almost double what was initially promised. I would always be in awe at Jose’s patience and “its all good” vibes. Whereas I would’ve had to double my therapist visits to discuss my coping skills or lack there of, Jose never flinched, he kept the end result in his sights.

The day came when both cars were “done” or as we like to think, acceptable enough to hire a photographer to further fuel our car addiction….

I flew down I-95 on what seemed like a perfect Sunday afternoon in South Florida. A solid 40 mile hike each way down to the University of Miami in Coral Gables, FL. My destination was incoming and the route was ending on my CarPlay apple maps - I glanced to my right right and saw a Greyish Sedan sitting under the shadows of the Miami metro rail, glowing from one of the most thoroughly done Ceramic / PPF jobs I’ve seen. A few blips to downshift and slow down to finally meet this mystery man, hiding behind the “Jose M5” contact in my phone that I’ve spent all this of time communicating with over the last 2 years…

The moment came when Fashion Grey and Chalk white “ met “ each other and it was nothing short of what I expected. Jose’s car was gorgeous. A stunning car - stance perfectly dialed in, dressed in a PPF’ed Chalk White Individual paint, oozing that custom BMW vibe. His 789M wheels properly repainted in gloss black - highlighting the ‘no expense spared’ optioned CCB’s from BMW. I couldn’t get over how removing the polish hues from the wheel gave such a heightened appearance to the details and beauty of this $10k option.
Jose certainly is no stranger to modding M5’s, this being his 6th canvas to leave his impressions on.
I will admit, that was the moment when the intimidation cloud began to move over, when I learned that not only did he currently have a nicely modded F90 in his driveway, but he had 4 OTHER M5’s ranging back to the mighty E60, and his latest rendition, the Chalk White LCI, on order.

Like his F90 - Jose himself is a presence. Standing at what I would guess is 6’4 (over my 6 ft build), and shoulders evidently not skipped in the gym. His handshake was bone crushing, and for someone who likes to be sure to leave his impression in his handshake, I felt the need to say “HOLY F*** MAN WHAT A HANDSHAKE” after we met. It was not painful, but very present, making you very aware he was in front of you. It was subtle reminder “Oye, mira - We are here - Look at me - lets have fun. But don’t F*** this up” type feel LOL (I mean that in the most respectful way possible!) He was calm and cool- but someone who’s body language and aura say “do yourself a favor papi, and don’t make me upset

We both inspected each others builds in great detail, discussing our thoughts and experiences, and complimenting the differences. We kept laughing to ourselves in disbelief that we finally got together and made it happen.

After spending a few hours terrorizing Coral Gables, with none other than GRIZZLY (Instagram:@grizzly_media) behind the lenses, I felt that I had just partaken in a “once in a lifetime” experience as a BMW owner. (Before I continue: EXTRA SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO GRIZZLY, A FEARLESS, VERY LARGE MAN WHO WILL STAND UP ON ANY SURFACE, REGARDLESS OF HOW DANGEROUS IT IS, TO GET THE SHOT YOU ARE AFTER, AND HE GIVES GREAT HUGS) To think that Jose and I are a 30 minute drive apart, both have a “grey” themed OEM+ M5’s, both individual builds of what is considered the last great M5, and both cleaned up and modded to the acceptable standards worth showcasing, needless to say, I drove home with gratitude, and thanking God for the journey thus far in life, as well as my BMW life. Truly a blessing to enjoy such fine machines such as these, and with such down to earth, cool people who share your passion and craze.

The age difference between us (almost 20 yrs) was not at all apparent the entire day, not once did Jose try to stand on my shoulders with his age advantage and make me feel “lesser” than, like some car owners make those younger than themselves feel- and that’s the beautiful thing about this community, and good people still existing in the world. Best of luck to Jose on his new addition to his long list of legends! Hopefully he crosses the 200 mile mark on his odo by the time this thread has hit forums! Lol for real - go drive that thing man!

And now…. The face off

2022 Individual Chalk White F90 M5 Competition
&
2021 Individual Fashion Grey F90 M5 Competition
University of Miami, FL / Coral Cables
April 2022

Name:  pHfu76tY.jpg
Views: 7266
Size:  404.8 KB

Name:  7xn7LkjI-1.jpg
Views: 6976
Size:  180.7 KB

Name:  EayUuCHk.jpg
Views: 6939
Size:  127.3 KB

Name:  jFPrxlPs.jpg
Views: 6646
Size:  361.5 KB

Name:  NNu-rQd8.jpg
Views: 6553
Size:  273.5 KB

Name:  06PmuAP8.jpg
Views: 6609
Size:  180.9 KB

Name:  -p3tJZrk.jpg
Views: 6908
Size:  264.4 KB

Name:  PPkQNAdc.jpg
Views: 6915
Size:  404.1 KB
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY

Last edited by FSHNGRY; 05-13-2022 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 54
Dual.V8105.50
Alberta2035.00
Simon H876.00
Jszlaga461.00
zb26031055.50
TAmes104.00
S1nner126.00
Danny D228.00
F30Andy1774.00
nathanm4683.00
///3dkn1488.50