01-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #83
weeo
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Not sure if the plan gets rebated if you sell prior to factory warranty expires - I never explored that option though - dohhh!

Regarding the dealer making "almost zero"; they are telling you a line of bull. I don't want to throw my source under a bus so I won't give exact numbers but this will give you an idea - OEM BMW 7yr/160km extended has a spread on invoice vs retail was at over 2k mark-up. Retail in the high 9K and invoice right around 7k. I paid mid 7k, my dealer still made around 500 bucks on pushing a paper and clicking some keys for a minute (think about that) and I "saved" 2k. Also, the higher the year/km the better potential savings because the spread was larger.

Also, be warned, when I bought mine in 2019 the valuation that would come up on their computer invoicing system was an extended warranty for the standard 5-series (non-M) that was a few thousand less than the proper warranty that should have been quoted for an M5. The M warranty was more than the non-M 5 series. All dealers but one under-quoted the actual cost for an M5 OEM extended warranty. This led to lots of frustration and back-pedaling which just made me look into the warranties more closely, and in the end, to my advantage.
Yeah I was surprised got almost 100% back from GM on my C7 after traded it in at a dealer. Got zero back when did the same with a B6 Alpina with a third party warranty. Looks like gonna spend some time on analysis given all the variables and the relative high cost. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0