11-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #18
tnutt19
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC, 2022 X5 M50I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Unfortunately, corporate will at most tell you to go place an order with a different dealership or tell you they'll talk to your current one... most likely advice you those options that are missing will be back mid 2022 and you can place an order then. Been there done that. If they gave out free stuff to everyone that complained, they'd be out of money by now, and if they give you something for your bad experience everyone will start to expect the same which is why it won't happen. Look at my above post that you quoted and I edited about my experience with the dealers... even my current one, bmw corporate technically dropped the ball with a certain feature I wanted and they basically told me: you can special order another car if you want, but it won't have the b&w. If you expect then to magically give you a car with your desired options? They can't make the parts appear from thin air. Honestly your best bet is to find the cars at another dealership that are in transit and haven't been sold and are as close to the spec you want. Which your dealership should be able to do, but I doubt they're willing to as that can cost them money.
I do not expect anything for free. I just want to be treated with honesty and respect. At this point I think I would settle for them providing allocation with another dealer, I called another dealer closer to me to see if I got better vibes and would be open to giving that a shot. I reached out to my current dealer and put my tail between my legs and asked if there was anything I could do to get my allocation and unfortunately it was confirmed that they did indeed give them away and were not bluffing so no easy decision not to work with them.
I am not expecting much from BMW but if they could provide allocation to another dealer I think that would be sufficient, it would be nice to get the same negotiated rate off but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen now that it is different times vs when I ordered.
Appreciate 0