11-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #14
tnutt19
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC, 2022 X5 M50I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Indeed, but it will matter more for the dealership than anything... for example here in NJ, I went to 10 dealerships before ordering my car, some told me lies, some wanted excessive pricing, and some straight up promised me things that couldn't be done.... (had one tell me they didn't have an allocation, but that since my car is so expensive and fully loaded the press department would give them one since it'll look good and they can take pictures... what a load of crap that was!) That screenshot I posted is from another dealership saying they had an allocation and I was good to go but again no prod nr nothing... dealers will say whatever they want to get you in the door then try to figure shit out once you're there unfortunately.... another dealership just completely ignored me because I'm a 20 yo kid that's buying a 170k car... probably thought I couldn't afford it and was wasting time... I even went to one that was recommended to me by someone who's bought 5 cars from them, same thing not a call back nothing, I called them and left messages after messages to no avail. Which is why I'm saying some people are just gonna be like that, some dealers are just shit. I'm not trying to pin you as the bad guy, I'm just saying with the sales volume of these cars, bmw doesn't have enough production to meet demand so you not buying a BMW doesn't affect them, its like how your one vote won't affect the overall election. You need giant groups to affect or change anything. Now that dealership? That's another story, you leaving a bad review and detailing your experience and never buying a car from them again and possibly swaying a few more people away? That'll possibly hurt them but bmw as a whole? Just look at how many people jump on these cars at over msrp...
I dont disagree with anything you are saying. The point of my review is not to pull people away from the brand but rather to express the extent of my lousy experience and frankly because I would prefer not to leave the brand. Someone else said to me to not let a lousy dealer soil the brand for me and I am trying to do that but need a little help from corporate after my expereince.
Thanks for the comments, and you get short sightedness, the cost to acquire a new customer is much more expensive than to retain them. BMW executive group knows this and they have hefty growth numbers to meet which is why it should matter to them.
Appreciate 0