11-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #18
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
It took me forever to find this old thread last night. I think we need a sticky about .mp3 formats and stuff to get the title working in the display.

Anyways, this is about song titles when you burn your own audio CD mixes. I just wanted to say that I tried this last night with Windows Media Player 10, and I did NOT get the titles to work like sharp1183 has decribed. I will try using NERO tonight.

I can't believe this topic hasn't been discussed before, or maybe no one really knows about it. The title of this thread doesn't really help either.

Anyways, does anyone know of any other CD burning software that does the "encoded text" thing successfully? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Here you go, Redstripe. Sorry, they're terrible pictures (I'm really conisdering taking photography lessons ). The CD was "Be Here Now" by Oasis. It's kind of hard to see, but if you look in the left hand corner, you can see two song titles "Don't Go Away" and "All Around The World". Using the burning program, you can enter any text you want, and it appears on the cd screen of the iDrive.

I used Nero to burn this CD. In the start up screen, there's a check box "Write CD text on CD". Just click that, enter artist, cd title, and then you can edit every track song title. The only thing is only the song title comes up, not the album title or band. So if you make a mixed cd, when you edit the mp3s, just title them like this "Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly".

I used Nero to do this, but I know for a fact you can use Windows Media Player (I have version 10--I think that is the newest version and can be downloaded from Microsoft.com). You should be able to enter cd text with that program too, but I'm not positive.
Appreciate 0