View Single Post
      03-21-2018, 10:32 PM   #94
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHX View Post
The GTR was a great track car, and probably still a good track car. Performance, still very good.

The new M5, is 5 seat ( i have three kids ), and right now, i can go on highway and flash a gt--r (aka many sports car) and gently ask them to let me pass because i need to go at the restaurant before them ... lol

Seriously, not so many car push like the m5 / gt-r / etc...

M5 have the same level of performance as many sport / supercar on daily driving .... and ... i can traval with 5 person in the cars. Not a lot of car can do that today (e63, rs7)

So, from a daily performance perspective, i prefer the m5 over the gt-r ( extra luxury, back pain less, and many cool feature with the m5 that you don't have in the gt-r.)

But on a track ... for sure, probably more funny with a gt-r, porsche gt3 rs / mclaren ...

Can we tell that both car have simillar performance, one focus on fun / track, the other one focus on luxury, performance, authoban .
This was really my point - not so much the raw performance of the F90, but the fact we are even discussing the F90 with a GTR or C7Z at ALL. These are amazing times we live in as car enthusiasts! GT Luxury sedans that are supercar level in performance while taking your Family to dinner and a movie - all the while getting a massage for you and your passenger lol.

This is a golden age of performance and amazing cars all round.
Appreciate 1
MTHX233.00