01-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #49
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBisBlau View Post
Ok, so I made sure to pay attention to this today when I drove. I tried all three "levels" of S, and there IS a very noticeable delay between upshift/downshift and gear change. My car is still in break-in, so I am not too worried about this for now, as I have (unfortunately) only rarely driven the car, yet. This will be something I remain interested in as I pass break-in and beyond, but it will definitely not be a deal-killer for me, as I absolutely love this car! It does seem as though this could be a pre-break-in thing, though, or as some have mentioned, the learning thing.
I recorded two scenarios earlier today: the first is from 2nd where I'm easing out of a corner then get on it; the second (after the fade) is a faster corner from 3rd up through 110mph or thereabouts (obviously both are on private roads regardless of what BMW's clearly-broken GPS nav system may reflect):

Notice how the transmission adapts to the more aggressive driving inputs both in the first and second video but specifically how the shift speed and apparent paddle response improve simply because I'm now really on it (gas-pedal-wise).
Appreciate 1
skypx60.00