Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzaniteBlue View Post
All I know is this. In our M340 I drive around in Sport or Sport Plus with paddles. Any more throttle than initial tip in, hitting a paddle to car response is immediate, almost like my F80. Even in comfort with the shifter not in the S gate. Yes shift speed is different depending on throttle but the response is always the same.

This is simply not the case in the F90, and several POV drives convey this too. When you drive around normally, there is a sizable delay from you touching a paddle to the car responding. I tried S2 and S3. If you put the car into M Mode it brings down the response time. Not sure why that affected paddle response. Engine was in Sport Plus the entire time.

This is where my issue lies. It feels disconnected.

You can see the delay clear as day here when he drives. This is exactly how my test car felt regardless of mode. Skip to 13:40 and watch from there.
That dude is probably driving in S1 at your indicated timestamp. You can tell because the shifts aren't crisp, you don't get the snap and the "grr" sound from the exhaust when you upshift. In S1 it's going to shift that way. He didn't crank it up to S3.
Appreciate 0