///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
They just announced pricing: $160k starting price. That's a lot of money for this car! Rather pick up an M8 GC comp when they come out.
I wont get into all the minutia of the performance differences between the two- its going to be negligible at best IMHO... but the 160 is the top of the monroney and after just destination and standard taxes it will be around 165k and thats for a flat car with zero and I mean zero on it.

Our M5's non CE are at 103k and I dont know anyone here who got that bare of a car. I would estimate that with the average options on the GTS AMG car we will see pricing circa the higher 170's to mid 180's and I had guessed that almost half a year ago. Clearly this car will have to speak to someone or be in limited production because it could fall into the bad graces like the Panny Turbo from a pricing perspective. There are just too many options that are cheaper in this segment. Its not a full size luxo speed barge like an S63 AMG either and those buyers dont care about what a track time says.
Styling of the Merc doesn't speak to me at all, that's not to say M5 is much better but less extreme! Talk playing it safe!
Appreciate 0