View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 05:38 PM   #59
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjunky View Post
My dealership lied about the transmission fluid.

The parts department said it was in stock and once I got the car back on the paperwork it said it was skipped because of no parts, the service rep didn’t even bother to tell me, he just claimed it was all fine and no issues.
That is completely disgusting and unacceptable. I am waiting on a call from THREE different dealers for this service appointment. I don't understand why BMW does not get on this issue. There are multiple different grades of differential fluid and many other bands. It would not take long to put together a list of appropriate alternative fluids. Or at least CALL the customers or send a letter explaining the situation and also for the Love Of God, tell us what is so special about the fluid for the rear that is not also 'best' for the front differential.

I can't believe that the fluid used for the M550ix differential is all that much different? Sure in the extreme it may be, but currently people are driving this car with MINERAL oil in the friggen differential (that is what the tell us is in the from the factory) so an "almost good enough" differential fluid has got to be better than that mineral oil (if that is even true).

Part of the reason for changing it is to get out any left over metal filings from the manufacturing process. Surely running the car with the "shitty" fluid used on the 550ix and 3series ix versions will be a better alternative than leaving the first oil in the thing with the metal filings or what ever is supposed to be removed with the first service.

And then read BS about warrantee issues if you don't get the 1200 mile service on time. That seams like a lot of BS, but how can you be sure?

I'd rather get the service done on time with an alternative fluid in the rear differential with the plan of continuing to 'go easy on the car' and wait for the correct fluid to be put in at a later date. That has got to be a better alternative. The cost is about $300 for both fluids (priced on ECStuning website) so it will not brake the bank. Hell, I'll pay for the 'cheap' fluid on the first go round and for the extra 30 minutes labor.

End Rant.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0