View Single Post
      01-30-2022, 04:26 PM   #18
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Purple is definitely not my thing. It would be a deal breaker for me.

Also, the 706 wheels are boat-anchor heavy and detract from performance. I was disappointed to be stuck with them when buying off the lot. However, they are now my "snow wheels" with much lighter aftermarket wheels for my fair weather driving. In any case, think about whether you want to degrade performance by swapping the forged 789 wheels for the much heavier cast 706 wheels.

If you want alternatives, check out autotrader.com. There are several M5s around the US and I am sure many of the far away dealers would be happy to sell you a car and either have you fly in to pick it up, or truck it to you (which turns out to be fairly inexpensive). As an example, a few years back I had an AMG delivered to San Francisco from LA and the dealer charged $300 (which I probably could have negotiated away completely if I had wanted to spend the time haggling).
Didn’t realize the 706 were cast and 789 were forged. I’m making the decision based purely on looks as I don’t think I personally will realize the difference in weight on the performance.

As for Autotrader, I have been tracking that pretty close. The biggest problem is most dealers are marking these up $10k and my dealer is not. That and it’s so much easier to deal with a local dealer with trade in and such. I bought a Ram 3500, 600 miles away in Utah back in May last year. It was a pain.
Appreciate 0