View Single Post
      01-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #1
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Can anyone ease my color concerns? (TPM)

I'm being offered dibs on an M5 coming into my local dealer in about a week or so. I'm trying to decide how picky I can/should be. When spending $130k on a vehicle, you should probably make sure you get what you want right? This inbound M5 has all the options I'm looking for except the full Merino and the blackout wheels. I also didn't want to pay extra for a color as the color normally isn't a big deal for me. That said, I really don't like loud colors. I'd rather blend in and be a bit of a sleeper. I don't really care to draw any additional attention to my car. Therein lies the problem. This allocation being offered me is Twilight Purple Metallic. I've never owned a loud color before and was hoping someone on here has experiences to share that may persuade me one way or the other. So here are my questions:

1. Is Twilight Purple Metallic a highly regarded color by M enthusiasts? I'm asking this to gauge potential resale value. I don't want to commit to this color if 4 years or so from now, I find that nobody likes a purple car. It's a rare color but that doesn't mean it's an unwanted color.

2. Does the full Merino leather make a big difference? I believe it only adds to the back of the front seats, the sides of the center console, and the lower half of the dash.

3. Would the 706M be a worthwhile upgrade from the 789M to complete the black and purple look? I'm not sure how good it will look with a little chrome look on the wheels.

In the end, I don't want any regrets. I am hoping all you wonderful people on here could put me at ease. I'm leaning towards getting it especially since it's already at the port and being loaded on the truck next week. I can avoid the 9 month wait time for my build.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0