07-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #37
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
One thing I notice in this thread, and others I have seen, is that most of the folks who say how much they love the manuals (and I am sure they do) are driving old cars. That is great BUT that means they are not buying new cars. So if a significant chunk of the enthusiast market is not purchasing new cars, and the segment itself is small, that can explain why car makers are no longer offering manuals -- not enough buyers.
Sports cars in this price range/class should be 6 gears

Yes I noticed it too, they keep the KungFu grip on old classy cars because a good amount of them are old farts with cash! and have a mix (car collection) and some newer daily's I'm shopping for a car cover debating is the best worth a couple hundred more?!? $300-$500 some on here are installing custom hydraulic lifts to change the oil because it's FUN,

Most car guys buy a mix of latest and classic, they don't just have 1

I was about to spend $50k on a mint 02 M3 after wifey laughs I just got the M2 to me it's a new old m3 if that makes sense? happy with my choice and I got warranty!

Sorry to all the old farts, my apologies in advance! now get ready for dinner @ IHOP 4pm
Appreciate 0